it was delicious.
here is the recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons margarine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Measure flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla into large mixing bowl. Beat 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top.
- Combine 2 tablespoons white sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over smoothed batter. Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with toothpick. When inserted it should come out clean. Remove bread from pan to rack to cool.
i ordered this adorable pillow and a fabric garland to hang on the old shutters above our bed. the package reminded me of something my grandmother dicey would have mailed me. that alone made me happy for the purchase and the time krista put into wrapping the items up.
my precious frup bella bell got her stitches out and now her eye looks like this.
graphic, yes, my apologies if you have a weak stomach.
she is such a trooper. her attitude has not changed one bit, she is still running around, being hyper and happy. we (blake & i) are so thankful for her to have survived this.
we are praying that the swelling will go down soon and the eye won't be stuck up in the corner like that.
finally, my sister gave birth to my parents first grandchild and my first niece.
such a doll. mommy & baby are now home, resting and adjusting comfortably.
|mr. dryden got the chandelier up on the front porch :)|