Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday Social 12/9/2012


1. Favorite holiday movie/t.v. special?
Home Alone is my all time favorite movie, period. During Halloween & Christmas time I also have to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'm also a sucker for Elf.

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays? If not, what would you like to do?
On of the organizations I am a sponsor for at school allows me to help collect toys for children in our community that wouldn't receive toys otherwise. It's affirming to see the students bring in bags and bags full of new toys to give to the needy.

3. Favorite toy received as a child?
My bright red power wheel Jeep. I can still remember my Granddaddy taking me outside to teach me to drive it and cautioning me on switching it onto high. I cherish that memory.

4. What was your must have item during the Holidays when you were in high school?
I can't quite remember but if I had to guess it would be money, electronics, and possibly clothes.

5. Item you begged for and never got?
My parents would be able to answer this I'm sure, but I remember always being delighted with everything I received. 

6. What do you and your family do for Christmas Eve?
We attend Church that evening and then once we return we have a tradition of opening one present which is typically the one the children we have given to one another disguised as "secret Santa".

  Today my adorable nieces will be baptized. It marks the beginning of their new life with Christ. I look forward to watching them grow with Him. The Mister and I feel blessed that we can bare witness to the event and then celebrate after with our family. Today as we celebrate and come together I hope you have a super Sunday, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment