Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Giving Thanks

Pinned Image

   This year (I go by school year when I refer to years) started off slowly and then with the blink of an eye blasted off. I still can't believe it's the week of Thanksgiving. I've spent the morning reflecting on all the blessings I have to be thankful for. I would like to dedicate this post to the blessings God has bestowed upon me.
   I am thankful for my husband. I would not have imagined that I could love him more today than I did on the day we said "I do", but it's true. With the recent loss I have come to realize God is preparing us for something "...good and perfect from above". I am thankful that my husband is my best friend and that he is a man of God.
  My family is another blessing that I am thankful for. This thanksgiving season I am thankful for their health and presence. They are there for me when I need support, guidance, and unconditional love.
  In a time where we are in a recession I am thankful that I have a job I love. I am also thankful to love the people that I work with, especially my sweet friend Erin. Erin is pregnant with her daughter Hayden, and she has been one of my greatest supporters this year.
  I'm thankful for my three dogs who cuddle with me each afternoon and all through the night. They love me just because I am me.
  This year has been a lesson. God has taught me that I wasn't seeing the entire picture. I focused on the fact that I wanted a child and didn't have one. I forgot about the blessings that were around me, that I already have. So that leaves me with the thing I am the most thankful for; God's eternal salvation and his ever knowing wisdom. I must remember that God has planned everything in my life already and I must trust in His timing.
  I hope you count your blessings and remember to be thankful for all that you have.
Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment