Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Update


Friday night was spent watching a bluegrass band that Blake loves, The Steel Wheels. My dad joined us for the beginning of the concert but left after the first set. Blake had been looking forward to the concert all week long, and to his surprise it was not the type of concert where you were able to boogie. It was a sit down concert, I admit it was strange because you had to fight the urge to stand up and dance. The concert lasted a little over two hours and it was nice to be out of the house and Blake was happy to hear some good music in Boerne.

Saturday morning was yard sale day. No, I didn't spend the morning going from yard to yard, my sister Caroline was the hostess and I trucked a LOT of junk to her front lawn to set up my spread. My brother in law and sister call me a hustler, there is no denying that. I even tried to hustle them into buying some of their own gifted stuff back. It didn't work. Well, almost everyone from the family came to either sell their stuff or hang out, it was classic Hogan family time. After the yard sale wrapped at around 5 we took the gang to the Boerne Wine Company followed by dinner at The Creek (thank you Jay). I love hanging out with my family, I can't get enough of it, and sadly realized that Caroline and her husband Robbie will be ditching us for Austin (they move on Thursday). While Caroline and Robbie lived here Caroline worked horrible hours (she is a nurse) so our schedules never really allowed us to hang out that much. Bummer. Now I have another excuse to visit Austin more.

Sunday was the day I realized my weekend was over. Boo. It was a typical Sunday movie day at our house. The day wrapped with a new episode of Girls followed by Shahs of Sunset. Our weekend definitely flew by but I am glad I made some extra cash and got in some quality family time.


No comments:

Post a Comment